|Location||Leicester Print Workshop|
|Date & Time||Saturday 7th July
10.00am - 1.00pm.
Following a series of demonstrations and try your hand at how to set, proof and lock type into a chase ready to print on our Adana presses. Working up to A6 you will create small edition cards and postcards.
About the Tutor
Sat Kalsi is a typesetter and printmaker based in Brighton and Leicester. Working largely with letterpress she uses lead type to produce type-based prints. She completed a BA in Graphic Design at the University of the Arts London (2008). She currently works as part of the studio team for Leicester Print Workshop and also as a Technical Demonstrator in the letterpress workshop for the University of Brighton School of Art, Design and Media.
- An introduction into the letterpress area and location of both lead and wood type
- Health and safety
- Demonstration: How to set lead type using composing stick
- Demonstration: How to take lines of type off the composing stick ready to take a proof print on the galley press. Packing explained.
- Demonstration: How to hand burnish
- Students will print using both the galley press and hand burnishing techniques.
Online: You can book online here by credit / debit card or Paypal.
Telephone: You can pay by card over the phone during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm). Call us on 0116 251 4174.
In person: Call in to Leicester Print Workshop during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm) to book and pay by card, cash or cheque.
Pre-course information: We will send you details of how to find us and what to bring with you when we process your booking.
Full-Print Members of Leicester Print Workshop are entitled to a 10% discount on our inhouse courses. Interested in joining LPW as a member? Click here for more information.