Two Artists - Screenprinting From Different Perspectives
|Leicester Print Workshop
|Date & Time
|Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st October
10.00am - 4.00pm.
|Nichola Hingley & Katy Goodrich
Over the two days, participants will learn how to use monoscreen techniques to experiment with colour and create beautiful, unique prints and printed backgrounds, which can then be layered upon with photographic images in day two.
You will learn how to make and expose a screen and also how to work with open mesh to create varied and exciting images.
- Welcome and introduction to the course.
- Demo: How to prepare your screens correctly, mixing inks, learning to use the squeegee, with tips provided.
- Demo: A variety of screen printing techniques including paper stencils, colour blend, drawing and painting onto the screen.
- Preparation and Printing: You will each have your own screen which you will prepare as shown. Cut stencils, mix colours. Begin to print.
- Hands on print time with guidance and a few extra tips and adapted techniques shown.
- Clean up and complete evaluations.
About the Tutors
Nichola completed her BA (HONS) Fine Art Printmaking degree at Manchester Metropolitan University (2005) and a PGCE Postgraduate Teacher Training at Nottingham Trent University (2011). Based in Nottingham, Nichola is Leicester Print Workshops part time Studio Manager. Nichola specialist areas are Mono printing and screen printing, but she enjoys teaching the variety of techniques printmaking has to offer.
Leicester based artist Katy Goodrich has been a part of the workshop for the last 10 years. Starting as a volunteer she then undertook a 5 year apprenticeship at LPW learning all aspects of print. Specialising in Screenprint Katy uses Underwater photographs to create her work mainly using the CMYK colour separation technique.
Early Bird: Bookings made within one month of the Course Programme going live are eligible for a 5% discount for this course.
Online: You can book online here by credit / debit card or Paypal.
Telephone: You can pay by card over the phone during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm). Call us on 0116 251 4174.
In person: Call in to Leicester Print Workshop during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm) to book and pay by card, cash or cheque.
Pre-course information: We will send you details of how to find us and what to bring with you when we process your booking.
Full-Print Members of Leicester Print Workshop are entitled to a 10% discount on our inhouse courses. Interested in joining LPW as a member? Click here for more information.