Paper Folding: Boxes & Packaging Taster
|Leicester Print Workshop
|Date & Time
|Saturday 13th April
10.00am - 1.00pm
The course will introduce the art of paper folding using recycled papers to explore a variety of decorative packaging. Participants will learn something of the history of origami and will be shown how to create simple boxes and containers as well as more complex forms.
- Introduction. Discuss intended outcomes for the course
- A short introduction to the craft of origami
- Demonstration and practical session making simple boxes, learning how to choose suitable papers, how to cut and fold accurately and how to gauge where patterns and textures will appear in your work
- Demonstration of how to score paper accurately using a scoreboard and scoring tool
- Practical session making decorative carrier bags
- Demonstration of complex boxes using several components fitted together to form intended shape
- Practical session using skills learnt to make a variety of objects
- Plenary session
- Completion of evaluation
About the Tutor
Charlotte Millar graduated in Ceramics and Glass from DeMontfort University and went on to teach in Secondary schools across Leicestershire including the Children's Hospital School. Now semi-retired, she has more time for her own work and has developed a keen interest in using recycled materials such as metals, plastics, textiles and paper to produce jewellery, decorative packaging and other artefacts.
Online: You can book online here by credit / debit card or Paypal.
Telephone: You can pay by card over the phone during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm). Call us on 0116 251 4174.
In person: Call in to Leicester Print Workshop during our opening hours (Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm) to book and pay by card, cash or cheque.
Pre-course information: We will send you details of how to find us and what to bring with you when we process your booking.
Full-Print Members of Leicester Print Workshop are entitled to a 10% discount on our inhouse courses. Interested in joining LPW as a member? Click here for more information.