|Leicester Print Workshop
|Date & Time
|Saturday 16th November
10.00am - 4.00pm
Screen print your art, illustration or design onto tote bags! Create a design and hand draw it in black and white onto transparent film. Coat a screen with light sensitive photo emulsion, expose your black and white design onto the screen using a UV exposure unit before washing out the screen to make a photo stencil. Set up to screen print with your photo-stencil and print onto tote bags using colourful fabric inks.
A fantastic opportunity to make Christmas gifts with that personal touch - come and create something unique and fun for someone you love.
- Health and safety information.
- Introduction with examples of artwork and screen prints on tote bags.
- Demonstration of how to coat a screen. Participants will each coat a screen. Demonstration of how to set up to screen print, how to screen print onto tote bags and how to clean screens and squeegees.
- Participants will create a design and hand draw it in black and white onto transparent film.
- Demonstration of how to expose screens and wash out to create a photo stencil. Participants will expose their own images onto coated screens and wash out.
- Participants will set up to screen print, they will print their first layer of colour onto tote bags and then clean equipment. They will set up to screen print, will add their second layer of colour, finish their tote bags and clean up.
- By the end of the course participants will have screen printed three tote bags as well as made some test prints on squares of fabric.
About the Tutor
Karoline Rerrie is an illustrator and printmaker based in Birmingham. She has specialised in screen printing for ten years and exhibits her work in galleries and at print fairs around the UK. As well as using photo stencils, Karoline also works with hand cut paper stencils to create colourful limited edition prints. Alongside making her own prints she enjoys teaching screen printing and regularly runs workshops for children, young people and adults.
Leicester Print Workshop
Leicester Print Workshop is the regional development centre for printmaking. Established by artists in 1986, we are a registered charity, supported by Arts Council England. Our RIBA award-winning building is situated in Leicester City Centre's Cultural Quarter and is home to a large, well equipped open access Printmaking Studio.
We have over 30 years’ experience of teaching people printmaking. Our programme offers the largest number and broadest range of printmaking courses in the region, with courses suitable for beginners as well as experienced printmakers, delivered by practicing artists and nationally renowned tutors. Participants learn in small and friendly groups in our purpose-designed studio.
Online: You can book online here by credit / debit card or Paypal.
Telephone: You can pay by card over the phone during our opening hours (Wednesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm). Call us on 0116 251 4174.
In person: Call in to Leicester Print Workshop during our opening hours (Wednesday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm) to book and pay by card, cash or cheque.
Pre-course information: We will send you details of how to find us and what to bring with you when we process your booking.
Full-Print Members of Leicester Print Workshop are entitled to a 10% discount on our inhouse courses. Interested in joining LPW as a member? Click here for more information.