Letterpress Day Course
|Leicester Print Workshop
|Date & Time
|Saturday 19th August
10.00am - 4.00pm.
Working up to A4 in size and using a selection of lead and wood type, you will learn how to set, ink and print type to create striking, bold prints using a range of colours.
About the Tutor
Sat Kalsi is a typesetter and printmaker based in Brighton and Leicester. Working largely with letterpress she uses lead type to produce type-based prints. She completed a BA in Graphic Design at the University of the Arts London (2008). She currently works as part of the studio team for Leicester Print Workshop and also as a Technical Demonstrator in the letterpress workshop for the University of Brighton School of Art, Design and Media.
- An introduction into the letterpress area and location of both lead and wood type
- Health and safety
- Demonstration: How to set lead type using composing stick
- Demonstration: How to take lines of type off the composing stick ready to take a proof print on the galley press. Packing explained.
- Demonstration: How to hand burnish
- Students will print using both the galley press and hand burnishing techniques.