Linocut & Letterpress Christmas Cards Afternoon
|Location||Leicester Print Workshop|
|Date & Time||Sunday 29th October
2.00pm - 5.00pm.
This half day course will see you learning how to make a small linocut design for a Christmas card and then pairing this with a pre-prepared letterpress message to be printed on the inside of your card.
About the Tutor
Sumiko Eadon is a Japanese artist based in the East Midlands. She started printmaking in the early 2000s inspired by the English artist Gwen Raverat’s wood engravings. She began Japanese woodcut printing and wood engraving, and then gained an extensive experience of various printmaking techniques in the UK, joining LPW in 2013 after completing a degree in Fine Art at Loughborough University. Her work has been exhibited in the East Midlands and beyond. She has also worked as an artist in residence at LPW.
- Introduction to the course
- Demonstration: Designing and cutting including induction to the safe usage of the tools
- Design and cut your lino block
- Demonstration: printing
- Print your cards using the Britannia press
- Print a letterpress message in your cards using the Adana press